Supermicro’s SC836 storage chassis supports 16 hot-swap 3.5″ SAS3/SAS2/SATA3 drive with options of adding slim floppy/DVD sizes and rear 2.5”x2 drive bays, the industry’s highest storage density for a 3U system (up to 20 hot-swap drives: 16 front + 2 slims+ 2 rear). With 100% cooling redundancy and multiple choices of high efficiency (1+1) redundant power supplies (800W, 710W DC, Gold Level 1200W, Platinum Level 500W/920W/1280W or Titanium Level 1000W) with PMBus functionality and I²C for enhanced power management, the SC836 is optimized for reliability and capacity. Heavy duty palletized packaging is available to ensure secure system integrity during shipping and tool-less, roller rail designs for easy installation and maintenance are standard with each system.
- 3U chassis – supports for maximum motherboard sizes: 13.68″ x 13″ E-ATX and ATX
- 16 x 3.5″ hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bay with SES2, optional 2 x 2.5″ hot-swap drive bay
- 16-port 3U SAS3 12Gbps single-expander backplane, support up to 16x 3.5-inch SAS3/SATA3 HDD/SSD
- 1U 1200W/1000W Titanium Power Supply W/PMbus W76xL360xH40mm
- 7 full-height & full-length expansion slot(s)
- 3 x 8cm hot-swap redundant PWM cooling fan(s)
- 2 x 8cm hot-swap exhaust fan(s) & air shroud